BE THE STAR IN YOUR LIFE'S MOVIE

BE THE STAR IN YOUR LIFE'S MOVIE
YOU ARE WELCOME

Friday, June 24, 2011

LENS ON TALENT



THE LADY WITH THE MAGIC FINGERS


UNVEILING THE BRAND



Igene Isimeme Mary ,CEO sIssymeme.
An Estate Surveyor and Valuer by profession from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.

I've always had the passion for fashion designing, as far back as my secondary school days, I used to and still sketch designs on any jotter I could lay my fingers on.
I'm petite and this posed a little difficulty in getting my dress sizes. I remember my friends teasing me when we go out shopping to check the children's section for my size. This challenge kind of inspired me more to acquire the skill and start designing and tailoring clothes for myself then my sisters and my friends.
In the last few years, I've made some brides look fabulous, made lots of bridesmaids very hott, made a lot of friends at school beautiful to their class dinners and the list goes on and on.
A friend asked me once if I've clothed any "superstar" and I said not yet but I'm so sure I've made all of my clients dazzle more than stars.
Presently, I'm just a young talented designer, aspiring to get better.

ON STARTING SMALL

Like most young entrepreneurs, I started very very small, in fact with zero income. All I did was enroll for training during one of OAU's countless strikes and step by step, all the pieces started to fall together.
Thank God for supportive parents too, they sensed my passion and got me all I needed to start off the training and it's all been the grace of God and my little efforts since then.
I'll say the best way to advertise your brand is to wear them and get the right people to wear them. I started with a few of my popular friends in the hostel and that did the trick.

CHALLENGES

I'm never afraid of challenges, in fact, I love challenges, cos it simply makes me work harder.

ROLEMODELS
Folake Coker of "Tiffany Amber" and "Folake Folarin"
Deola Sagoe
and the Durotoyes, I call them the perfect duo..

GUIDING PHILOSOPHY

*All you need to get to your 'there' is in you, only you can stop you.
*If someone else can do it, I can.
*Step by step, little by little, I will get there.

I also acquired a few training in Make-Over, Neck Piece, Hair Piece and Catering....all these help to enhance the creativity and delivery of my work.
Mary is perked up ready to take on her world one step at a time.She gives us hope that adversity can be converted to opportunities if you look inwards.

Contact details:

08034754899; 08070522431.
pin:21BE80BA
maryisimeme@yahoo.com

2 comments:

greg said...

Nice! Isi really does great stuff. Most of her designs are simple and chic. I hope soon you shine like the star you are! Well done 'little' one. :D

Pee-Why said...

Great! The unveiling of the new generation designer. Her works deserve a silver ware. Lol! Cheers!