BE THE STAR IN YOUR LIFE'S MOVIE

BE THE STAR IN YOUR LIFE'S MOVIE
YOU ARE WELCOME

Friday, March 9, 2012

SELAH INSPIRATIONAL'S YOUNG PERSON FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH


SELAH INSPIRATIONAL'S YOUNG PERSON FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH
Whatever we do , let us strive to squeeze in our best efforts.Yours sincerely is the YOUNG PERSON FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH FOR SELAH INSPIRATIONAL an inspirational website for the upwardly mobile young Nigerian.I have reproduced the interview here.And thanks to SELAH INSPIRATIONAL for the opportunity to share my thoughts.




Kehinde Ajose, fondly referred to as Kenny is fast becoming one of the Nation’s most prominent syndicated motivational columnists .In 2008, EDUTAINMENT MAGAZINE christened him:’NIGERIA'S YOUNGEST MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER as a result of his inspirational/enterprise development articles geared towards National/youth transformation.

His writings have featured in several National dailies. His writing credits can also be found in several magazines He is also an online contributor to some websites. Kenny is also a Publicist to several Corporate and individual brands.

He is the principal Facilitator of THE WRITERS G.I.G (A Personal development fora for writers) and also the publisher of a Move Achievers Compendium( A publication that chronicles the achievements of extraordinary Nigerians who have made their marks.

He is a sought after motivational speaker cum talent development coach who helps individuals to discover and develop their talent solutions in order to create wealth and become global brands. Kenny‘s expertise as a motivational speaker spans the area of Talent development,personal development , and publicity strategies .

Kenny has had the privilege of sharing his expertise on Super screen,Channels TV, Youths .com and a host of other TV programmes. .He is a graduate of English Language,from Lagos State University, (LASU)

Tell us about yourself.
Kehinde Ajose is my name, I hail from Lagos state.I am a young Nigerian with a passion to help individuals discover and develop their talents in order to create wealth and become global brands. I am a talent development coach and a publicist by day, a writer by night, and a bassist on Sundays.

You started consistent writing at the age of 18, how were you able to garner the discipline to stand out at an age where peer pressure is the order of the day?
Yes I started quite early, but it shouldn’t be taking for granted .I must say that am blessed and favored because nothing happens by chance. I had my own down moments when growing up, but thanks to the power of books and the right company. These two factors helped me to discover my strength zone and also served as a tool towards maintaining a sense of purpose. That stated, we need more of youngsters in Nigeria who have found their area of calling and are ready to give it their best shot come what may. The google, yahoo, and facebook guys started quite early too. Age is an advantage and a leverage if maximized.

What is the source of your inspiration?
Without sounding clichéd, I would say God, the General over destinies. He inspires me with great ideas and I doff my hat for his supremacy over my life. Secondly, I would say the hunger to make a difference wherever I find myself or in whatever I do. The Nigerian environment also is a source of inspiration.In the midst of gloom and doom, we still strive to make something out of our lives.

How did you discover your passion for writing and speaking?
My passion for writing and speaking can be attributed to the love affair I had with motivational books while I was a teenager.I read the likes of Ben Carson, John Maxwell, Robert schuller, Sam adeyemi e.t.c.I wanted to be able to practice what I learned from this great minds.Therefore In no time, I found myself writing about whatever I had learned and also sharing these treasures of wisdom with people.It wasn’t a smooth sailing journey
though, because I wasn’t the talkative kind of person, but today the story has changed.

What are the ways in which you think young people can tap into the resource of their talent potential?.
Firstly its important to note that there is no better time to be young than now. As young people we have so many streams of opportunities around us.Young Nigerians can tap into their talents(gold spot) by looking within. Within lies all you will ever need to succeed.God created you in such a way that there will always be something that fascinates you and also animates you. Secondly, having a sense of initiative is also key in the development of one’s talent. The truth is that no one owes you anything in this life, you owe the world. Playing the blame game hasn’t taken us anywhere as a nation.We need to stop passing the buck and start looking at ways by which we can convert our talents into its monetary equivalent. Lastly, everything big starts small.Even Jesus was born in a manger.Start small, but have a global mindset.

What do you have to say about John Maxwell's statement 'talent is never enough'?
Talent is never enough.Talent is just the starting point towards accomplishment. Being talented alone cannot pay the bills. No one gets rich by simply being talented. There is a concept called ‘The business of your talent’ which entails turning your talent into a skill, having a business outlook, embracing publicity and marketing, packaging yourself as a brand. There are so many talented individuals who are poor and broke. Figuring out the business of your talent and adding character to it will take you places.

How do you think the challenge of youth unemployment in Nigeria can be solved?
Beautiful question,I am reading a book called:Get out unemployment by Ronke Kosoko one of Nigeria’ s young leaders to watch out for. According to her , over 40million young Nigerians are unemployed –Federal Bureau of Statistics 2000.Therefore the first step towards unemployment is acquiring skills that are in harmony with your area of passion. A skillful person can never be unemployed. Secondly shunning the ‘Make it now” mindset. Every one wants it now.The image the media creates about success is not helping matters. As young Nigerians we should understand that anything worth its salt takes time. So starting on a small scale should be highly encouraged. Yes the money is important, but the knowledge and experience you gain is what counts. Young people should be willing to start small.Agriculture is a culture that we need to imbibe. Every one can’t work in a bank. We need individuals who can start their own farms and feed the nation.We cant ignore the ancient landmark.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself becoming a light, a voice, and an instrument of change by God’s grace.Through books, seminars, the media, and every other avenue available. I desire to be a media mogul that exemplifies the never say die spirit of the Nigerian.

Final words to Selah and readers
To the selah crew, I would say keep the vision burning and keep getting better and adding value to lives. To the readers, I would say you are a solution, go find a problem God has wired you to solve. Your life is more than sleeping and waking up.Be the star in your life’s movie!
CULLED FROM SELAHINSPIRATIONAL.COM

No comments: