BE THE STAR IN YOUR LIFE'S MOVIE

BE THE STAR IN YOUR LIFE'S MOVIE
YOU ARE WELCOME

Monday, September 5, 2011

C.I.J...DOING JUSTICE TO MUSIC




C.I.J…CRAFTED TO DO JUSTICE TO MUSIC


The Nigerian youth has a dream.The dream is not one borne out of much sleep, but a deliberate vision built on his passion for the only nation he can call his own.Being the most populous black nation on the earth, and the origin of some of the world’s most accomplished youngsters.Segun Babatunde, a budding hiphop artiste is one of the country’s music whizkid to watch out for.We live in a very harsh and demoralising businesss and social environment, where its sometimes difficult to take a chance on your dreams and talents, thus creating your own success story.
Against all odds, Segun, a 300level student of University of Jos ,Theatre and film arts is pursuing his passion for music and shying away from the impossible.

STARTING OUT
In his words:’I have always had passion for music.The church was the grooming ground for my talent.Whenever I hear the melody coming from the piano, I automatically key into my music disposition , string words together , and make a melody out of the instrumentals’ he says.

INSPIRATION BEHIND THE NAME
He has always wanted to stand out from the crowd and carve a niche for himself.According to him:’I don’t ,follw the crowd or imitate others, I only get inspired by them.C.I.J is an acronym for Cool Intone Justice, I do justice to any kind of beat.’He further explains:’I see myself as a preacher, using music as a tool to deliver my message’

SHOWING UP….
Having successfully done three singles , which has been a hit in several campuses across the nation,C.I.J has performed at Abuja Carnival, Jos Peace Concert, Jos Campus Blast, and numerous events.

CHALLENGES
Behind every glory is a story to tell.’it hasn’t been easy combining music and academics, raising money to make good music,and being visible as to be invited for gigs.But I have resolved no to give up.To all talented youngsters out there don’t give up even when the ball is up’

ROLEMODELS
‘I love and respect Tuface, Dagrin, Dido, 9ice, 2pac.These guys make me want to deliver my best whenever I listen to their music’

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE
‘I intend to make a difference in the music industry and become an household name.Coupled with my background in theatre arts , I believe my best is yet to come, I am coming soon.

The next few years of people’s lives is today’s deliberate attempt at maximizing the opportunities around them.C.I.J is a living example of a young Nigerian living his dreams one ‘track’ at a time.It is young people like him who constitute the pillars of a nation’s strength.

No comments: